Which Super Bowl Video Will be the Winner in 2013. Is this the Year of the Mini Series. Brands have decided to double down on their investment and create more than one ad.
Star Trek won the pre-game attention with 12.6 million views.
Play the ones that pique your interest direct from this list. Why not vote for your favourites and comment directly on the videos you like and dislike?
One big theme that struck me was the notion of the mini series.
- 13 brands have made more than one commercial
- Fiat and Doritos lead the way with 5 commercials each
- Lincoln led with a 2 part Twitter inspired crowdsourced journey theme
- Two black beers – Coincidence? Who wins Black Crown or Becks Sapphire?
The mini series makes a lot of sense. The number of brands that released their ads far out weighed the handful that are keeping their ads a surprise until the actual day.
My strong sense was that the winners will be the ones who can keep the conversation going the longest.
Pre-releasing a series seems like a slam dunk. Here the brands get to pre-test the content with millions of viewers for free.
We’re still waiting on:
- Milk Processor Education Program
- Wonderful Pistachios
- Universal “The Fast and The Furious 6″
- Time Warner Cable – Walking Dead
I thought YourBigIdea.Co was amazing – very inspiring.
I thought Pepsi was a huge let down compared to last year with Elton John
This year’s Coca-Cola’s mirage on the other hands was a huge cultural fusion of inspirations.
I was surprised just how sexist many of the ads were.
How about you?
What was your big takeaway?