We have been listening closely to user feedback and based on what we heard, we are releasing two features that we think you’ll love:
- Custom Profiles – Setup a profile list you can use on Listly or elsewhere
- Quick Add Items – Add multiple items to a list quickly
Custom profiles is built using Listly lists. Your custom profile is simply a custom list of links to your social profiles and your owned media. Using Listly just made sense because you already know how to make and edit lists and pick your own images.
Create a list called “/profile/” and add links to all your social profiles. Here’s a full explanation of how to set up a custom profile in case you need any tips. Many of you have already jumped in and made your custom profile lists.
The big benefit of using a list to log your social profiles is you can obviously embed your list on your blog. As a list, your collection of links also becomes much more shareable.
If you want to embed your profile list, paste this custom CSS modification into your post or page and you’ll notice the header is hidden, so when you embed it, all you see is the list content.
You’ll notice the “Quick Add Items” section is now visible on any list you own. The items are processed live, so don’t leave the page until your latest batch has been processed.
You can provide any of the following format, one per line.
- URLs / Links - ie something that begins with http:// or https:// or www.
- Twitter Handles > these must begin with an @ symbol followed by a twitter handle e.g. @listly
- Text Items ie items on a list that don’t link to anywhere
Here’s an example
Once this batch is processed you’ll
Here’s a link to this list of “Best Pema Chödrön content”
I also made this list of Top Spiritual Leaders to show you could create just text only list items.
Need Some List Ideas?
Perhaps you need some list ideas to put Quick Add to the test. Here’s some examples we’ve featured in previous posts.
- Managing & Sharing Your Guess Blog Posts
- Recommended people, books, videos and events
- Contributor Lists (for your blog)
- Customer Lists / Guest / Attendee Lists
- Channel Partners & Collaborators
- Collaborative Blogrolls of your favourite web resources
- Crowdsourced Speaker Lists
- Lists of Tools or Apps
- Lists of Local Resources (eg Nasheville , Indianapolis, Route66 or Adelaide)
If you need more ideas, take time to explore our growing list of “101 ways to use Listly” or just explore the trending lists to see what other people are making. Lists are simply resources. Lists are Collaborative, Embeddable and Shareable.
Happy list making. Don’t forget to embed and share your lists from your blog.