Teams allows you to collaborate with other people inside and outside your enterprise.
Three reasons to upgrade:
- Teaming: Invite people to collaborate on your projects. There’s no limits. Add people as needed. Pay as you go.
- Moderating: Members can add, edit & moderate content for the team.
- Delegating: Team members can also assign & delegate content.
Build lists in less time & involve more people, while staying in control. Keep your list in draft while your team contribute, then launch with a pop. Show social proof with the support of multiple contributors.
You can access your teams from your menubar option “My Teams”
Upgrading to Premium
Premium is simply the term we use to include both Pro and Team subscriptions. You must purchase a Pro subscription and the you can add as many Team members as you need.
If don’t have a subscription this is what you will see. Choose your team size, select your billing frequency and enter your credit card details and click the upgrade button.
If people invite you to be on their team, you will receive an email. Joining other people’s teams is free. You can elect to leave a team at any time.
Purchasing Team Power
Team owners pay to enable the team features. They can buy as many subscriptions as needed. You can buy team subscriptions for multiple different accounts, giving you ultimately flexibility about how you manage your lists.
You can create a team and invite people once you purchase at least a pro subscription. You can invite people beyond your current team subscription. These people will be shown in red and marked as inactive. To activate teams for these people simply purchase extra team subscriptions.
Anyone can view all their teams memberships. You can be a member of many teams.
You can only have one team, but your team can be as big as you need. That’s the simplicity of teams. In this example I’ve purchased a 5 user team and invited Shyam as my first team member
You can now choose Monthly or Annual billing.
You can change your billing frequency for your plan(s) at any time. Here’s how changing it will affect you:
- Monthly to Annual – If you go from monthly to annual, we like that! We’ll credit you for the unused portion of your current invoice, and then you’ll be charged for the discounted annual subscription fee.
- Annual to Monthly – If you’re going from annual to monthly we’ll change your billing frequency to monthly. We won’t be able to refund any portion of the annual subscription fee, but we’ll apply the pro-rated credited amount towards your future monthly billing.
Ready to upgrade?